Backend Software Engineer
RemotePortugal, Lisboa, LisbonEngineering
Nezasa is one of the most innovative scale-ups in travel technology. Our SaaS solution empowers travel brands globally to combine all planning and booking related actions into one seamless end-to-end experience and Europe's biggest tour operators already trust us to deliver on this promise.
As one of our techies you will be embedded in one of Nezasa’s cross-functional and agile engineering teams (squads) that run on a 2-week sprint schedule. To drive the development of our web application forward we believe in choosing the best possible technology stack, that is why we work with a myriad of modern technologies. Our goal is for you to have all the tools you need to focus on creating and implementing features that enhance our platform. Code quality, system reliability, maintainability and scalability are key drivers for our engineers and they are fired up by the complexities of the platform. As we strive to give the best to our customers, our engineers challenge the status quo to develop outstanding solutions.
Join us as a Backend Software Engineer to improve and extend our leading, cloud-based planning and booking platform and revolutionize the travel industry together with us!
This is a local or remote position, however we are looking for someone based in Portugal or within 2hrs of that time zone.
As a Backend Software Engineer at Nezasa
- Work in an agile environment with your product team to advance our industry-leading TripBuilder platform
- Add more exciting features and improve the scalability and modularity of the product
- Carry out maintenance and bug fixes such that our customers have the best product experience
- Work with Scala, Play!, Akka, MongoDB, Elasticsearch and an infrastructure running on AWS
- Experience in Scala; or deep Java/.NET expertise and a strong desire to learn Scala
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of all relevant web technologies (JSON, REST, AJAX, HTTP)
- Passion for clean, high quality, maintainable and performant code
- A curious nature and a desire to stay up to date with the newest programming practices
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
What it is like working for Nezasa
Our multinational team is distributed yet collaborative, based around offices in the hearts of Zurich, Switzerland and Lisbon, Portugal. We pride ourselves on being a close-knitted group of highly motivated, diverse and fun-loving professionals that are passionate about working on a game-changing product together. Your success is our success, that is why we love to see you grow and put our focus on empowering everyone to reach their fullest potential. As a part of Nezasa you will be immersed in a scale-up vibe with lean processes and flat hierarchies.
Our tech stack…
React / Ember (Ember is currently being phased out)
and many more...
The opportunity to actively shape a product that will change travel technology
The possibility to work with a modern tech stack, to learn from world-class engineers and to grow with the team
A hybrid work model with a mix of home-office and office days
A modern office in the heart of Lisbon for your office days
Great perks: Apple notebook, flexible working hours, health insurance for you and your family, public transport pass, your birthday off, a travel voucher to be used for travel booking at reduced rates via our platform, a voucher to support your home-office set-up, a learning & development program, conference visits, free coffee & snacks and more
... or remote work in European time zones possible as well (not all perks apply equally)
Sounds like your thing? Apply now to join our team and revolutionize the travel industry together with us!